Monthly Garden To Do List
Things To Plant in March
Achillea (Yarrow), Butterfly Weed (Asclepias), Blue Daze, Cigar Plant, Columbine, Copper Plant, Coreopsis, Dianthus, Lamb’s Ear, Lantana, Mexican Heather, Hibiscus, and Salvia.
Early-Mid Month: Asparagus Crowns, Collards, and Turnip
Mid-Late Month: Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Peppers, Pumpkin, Watermelon, and Squash.
All Month: Beans, Lettuce, Mustard, Radish, and Tomato plants.
Basil, Bay, Borage, Catnip, Chives, Cumin, Fennel, Germander, Horseradish, Lamb’s ear, Lavender, Lemon Grass, Lemon Verbena, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary, Sage, and Thyme.
Grow fruit, nut trees, vines, and bushes in containers till the last freeze passes.
- Protect your plants from the freeze!
- Feed your transplant a liquid plant food weekly for the first month.
Things To Do in March
- Feed hibiscus monthly after pruning.
- Start a rose feeding schedule.
- Feed and Spray Camelias.
- Begin to feed azaleas after they bloom.
- Start to fertilize established fruit and nut trees.
Diseases/Pests To Look For:
- Keep an eye for aphids on new growth.
- Check for spider mites on older leaves.
- Watch out for cutworms for young plants.
- Begin to prune spring-flowering shrubs and trees after they bloom.
- Prune and train vines.
- Go ahead and shape spring-blooming shrubs with a light pruning after they bloom.