Monthly Garden To Do List
Things To Plant in February!
African Daisy, Alyssum, Summer Forget-Me-Not, Snapdragon, English Daisy, Balloon Flower, Butterfly Weed, Calendula, Candytuft, Coneflower, Chrysanthemum, Cornflower, Delphinium, Dianthus, Daisy, Feverfew, Gaillardia, Larkspur, Liatris, Edging Lobelia, Cardinal Flower, Monkey Flower, Nasturtium, Penstemon, Ornamental Cabbage and Kale, Pansy, Phlox, Stock, Johnny Jump-Up & Pansy.
Early-Mid Month: Asparagus Crowns, Broccoli Plants, Cabbage Plants, Cauliflower Plants, Carrots, Chard, Onion Bulbs, English and edible podded peas, Potato (Irish), Spinach.
Mid-Late Month: Mustard
All Month: Beets, Collards, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Radish, and Turnip.
Dill, Fennel, Garlic Chives, Horseradish, Lemon Balm, Mint, Parsley, Rosemary, Summer Savory.
Bare root or containing grown Pecans, Fruit Trees, Grapes and Berry Bushes.
- Protect your plants from the freeze!
- Feed your transplant a liquid plant food weekly for the first month.
Things To Do in February!
- Feed winter bloomers such as Alyssum, Dianthus, and especially Pansies
- Start a rose feeding schedule.
- Feed and Spray Camelias.
- Begin to feed azaleas after they bloom.
- Start to fertilize established fruit and nut trees.
- Water everything well before a freeze, but avoid overwatering.
Diseases/Pests To Look For:
- Keep an eye for aphids on new growth.
- Check for spider mites on older leaves.
- Watch out for cutworms for young plants.
- Begin to prune spring-flowering shrubs and trees after they bloom.
- Prune and train vines.
- Go ahead and shape spring-blooming shrubs with a light pruning after they bloom.